Welcome to Dana Centre. We are a midwifery practice, specialized in holistic care for you, your partner and your baby.
You and your partner will receive exceptional care from our team of three midwives, who together bring 60 years of combined experience in primary, secondary, and tertiary medical maternity care. To read more about the Dutch Health Care system: click here.
We specialize in holistic midwifery, ensuring that your entire pregnancy journey is safe, deeply personalized and inclusive of your partner’s role; we offer holistic midwifery & Doula service in one!
Throughout your pregnancy, we’ll work closely with you and your partner to create a birth plan that aligns with your preferences and values. Whether you choose a home birth, a birthing center, or a hospital setting, we’ll provide guidance and support every step of the way.
Our goal is to make this experience exquisite for you both, addressing not only your physical well-being but also your emotional and spiritual needs. We understand that pregnancy is a transformative journey, and we’re here to nurture your sense of safety, trust, and empowerment.
The midwives in the Netherlands have a unique and highly respected status; to read more click here “Status of Midwives in the Netherlands” Our excellent team of midwives; Martine, Ellis and Daphne, with their compassionate care on top of their combined 60! years of medical expertise, provide a strong sense of safety and holistic support during your pregnancy.
What makes our service even more exclusive is the specialised IPT-treatment that you will receive during your pregnancy and if necessary during delivery. IPT (Integral Pelvic Therapy®) was developed by the founders Daphne van der Putten and Mariëtte Frits, right here at Dana Center, where it is now taught to midwives, doctors and physiotherapists. IPT is a complementary health care technique that offers the best possible preparation for your pelvic health before, during and after birth. To read more on the benefits of IPT click here.
With our extensive experience and expertise, you can trust that you and your partner will receive comprehensive and compassionate care.
We look forward to being a part of this beautiful journey with you!
10 Benefits of Dana Centre Holistic Care
- Personalized Care & time You receive individualized attention, during 45-minute-long sessions, ensuring your unique needs and preferences are prioritized throughout your pregnancy journey.
- Emotional Support: Our midwives provide emotional guidance, reducing stress and enhancing your overall well-being during this significant time.
- Physical Health: Comprehensive care covers your physical health, ensuring you and your baby are healthy and that any concerns are addressed promptly.
- Choice and Empowerment: Together we create your birth plan, promoting a sense of empowerment, autonomy and confidence in your birthing experience.
- Reduced Interventions: The focus on holistic methods often leads to fewer medical interventions, promoting a gentle and less intrusive birth.
- Natural Approach: We embrace natural childbirth methods, fostering a more serene and meaningful birthing experience.
- Partner Involvement: Your partner is integrated into the process, creating a supportive environment that strengthens your bond as a family.
- Continuity of Care: You benefit from consistent care, with the same midwives guiding you from pregnancy to postpartum, building safety, trust and rapport.
- Healthier Outcomes: The holistic approach promotes overall health and well-being, potentially resulting in healthier outcomes for both you and your baby.
- Postpartum Support: We continue to offer support after birth, assisting with breastfeeding and addressing postpartum concerns.
Pillars of Dana Centre Holistic Care:
- Trust & Safety
- Emotional Well-being
- Continuity of Care
- Empowerment, Education and Partner participation
Trust & Safety: Establishing trust between yourself and our midwives is fundamental. At Dana Centre, we take the time during our 45-minute-long sessions, to build these relationships, which are built on mutual respect, open communication, and shared decision-making. This creates a safe and nurturing environment for you, your partner and your baby.
Feeling safe and secure can help reduce stress levels, ensuring a healthier pregnancy. High-stress levels have been linked to preterm birth and low birth weight, emphasizing the importance of a safe environment in order to reduce stress during pregnancy.
Emotional Well-being: Pregnancy is often accompanied by a whirlwind of emotions, ranging from excitement to anxiety. A sense of safety allows you to experience and express your feelings openly. Our 45-minute-long sessions allow room to address all questions, fears and worries you may have. The feeling of safety and support creates emotional stability, which is essential for the overall health of you and your baby.
Continuity of Care: We provide continuous care throughout pregnancy, labor, and postpartum, offering a sense of consistency and familiarity. Even if you were to go to the hospital during labor, we will stay with you, continuing our services there as Doula. This continuity can greatly enhance a sense of safety as you know you will be cared for by someone who knows you well. Also, we are well known (and loved) in many hospitals, so we can assure you of the utmost possible care. If need be, we can even accompany you during meetings with gynecologists or other specialists.
Empowerment and Education and Partner participation: We will empower you and your partner by providing education and guidance. Having a good understanding of the changes occurring in your body and the available choices, will leave you feeling more in control and safer during pregnancy. We also work with the concept of “Embodied Consent”, meaning that you will be supported with the skills and knowledge of your midwife, but at all times keep your autonomy. Your body, your decision.
Who are our midwifes?
The team at Dana midwifery practice is available 24/7. Our team consists of 3 midwives. We are loving, soft but also powerful and stand with both feet on the ground. Each one is different, but with a shared passion: supporting you, your partner & your child in the journey from pregnancy to birth. Would you like to get to know us better? View our team here.